Changes in python-sqlparse¶
sqlparse.SQLParseErroris deprecated (version 0.1.5), use
Release 0.2.4 (Sep 27, 2017)¶
- Add more keywords for MySQL table options (pr328, pr333, by phdru).
- Add more PL/pgSQL keywords (pr357, by Demetrio92).
- Improve parsing of floats (pr330, by atronah).
- Fix parsing of MySQL table names starting with digits (issue337).
- Fix detection of identifiers using comparisons (issue327).
- Fix parsing of UNION ALL after WHERE (issue349).
- Fix handling of semicolon in assignments (issue359, issue358).
Release 0.2.3 (Mar 02, 2017)¶
- New command line option “–encoding” (by twang2218, pr317).
- Support CONCURRENTLY keyword (issue322, by rowanseymour).
- Fix some edge-cases when parsing invalid SQL statements.
- Fix indentation of LIMIT (by romainr, issue320).
- Fix parsing of INTO keyword (issue324).
- Several improvements regarding encodings.
Release 0.2.2 (Oct 22, 2016)¶
- Add comma_first option: When splitting list “comma first” notation is used (issue141).
- Fix parsing of incomplete AS (issue284, by vmuriart).
- Fix parsing of Oracle names containing dollars (issue291).
- Fix parsing of UNION ALL (issue294).
- Fix grouping of identifiers containing typecasts (issue297).
- Add Changelog to sdist again (issue302).
- is_whitespace and is_group changed into properties
Release 0.2.1 (Aug 13, 2016)¶
- PostgreSQL: Function bodys are parsed as literal string. Previously sqlparse assumed that all function bodys are parsable psql strings (see issue277).
- Fix a regression to parse streams again (issue273, reported and test case by gmccreight).
- Improve Python 2/3 compatibility when using parsestream (isseu190, by phdru).
- Improve splitting of PostgreSQL functions (issue277).
Release 0.2.0 (Jul 20, 2016)¶
IMPORTANT: The supported Python versions have changed with this release. sqlparse 0.2.x supports Python 2.7 and Python >= 3.3.
Thanks to the many contributors for writing bug reports and working on pull requests who made this version possible!
- sqlparse.SQLParseError was removed from top-level module and moved to sqlparse.exceptions.
- sqlparse.sql.Token.to_unicode was removed.
- The signature of a filter’s process method has changed from process(stack, stream) -> to process(stream). Stack was never used at all.
- Lots of code cleanups and modernization (thanks esp. to vmuriart!).
- Improved grouping performance. (sjoerdjob)
- Support WHILE loops (issue215, by shenlongxing).
- Better support for CTEs (issue217, by Andrew Tipton).
- Recognize USING as a keyword more consistently (issue236, by koljonen).
- Improve alignment of columns (issue207, issue235, by vmuriat).
- Add wrap_after option for better alignment when formatting lists (issue248, by Dennis Taylor).
- Add reindent-aligned option for alternate formatting (Adam Greenhall)
- Improved grouping of operations (issue211, by vmuriat).
- Leading whitespaces are now removed when format() is called with strip_whitespace=True (issue213, by shenlongxing).
- Fix typo in keywords list (issue229, by cbeloni).
- Fix parsing of functions in comparisons (issue230, by saaj).
- Fix grouping of identifiers (issue233).
- Fix parsing of CREATE TABLE statements (issue242, by Tenghuan).
- Minor bug fixes (issue101).
- Improve formatting of CASE WHEN constructs (issue164, by vmuriat).
Release 0.1.19 (Mar 07, 2016)¶
- Fix IndexError when statement contains WITH clauses (issue205).
Release 0.1.18 (Oct 25, 2015)¶
- Remove universal wheel support, added in 0.1.17 by mistake.
Release 0.1.17 (Oct 24, 2015)¶
- Speed up parsing of large SQL statements (pull request: issue201, fixes the following issues: issue199, issue135, issue62, issue41, by Ryan Wooden).
- Fix another splitter bug regarding DECLARE (issue194).
- Packages on PyPI are signed from now on.
Release 0.1.16 (Jul 26, 2015)¶
- Fix a regression in get_alias() introduced in 0.1.15 (issue185).
- Fix a bug in the splitter regarding DECLARE (issue193).
- sqlformat command line tool doesn’t duplicat newlines anymore (issue191).
- Don’t mix up MySQL comments starting with hash and MSSQL temp tables (issue192).
- Statement.get_type() now ignores comments at the beginning of a statement (issue186).
Release 0.1.15 (Apr 15, 2015)¶
- Fix a regression for identifiers with square bracktes notation (issue153, by darikg).
- Add missing SQL types (issue154, issue155, issue156, by jukebox).
- Fix parsing of multi-line comments (issue172, by JacekPliszka).
- Fix parsing of escaped backslashes (issue174, by caseyching).
- Fix parsing of identifiers starting with underscore (issue175).
- Fix misinterpretation of IN keyword (issue183).
- Improve formatting of HAVING statements.
- Improve parsing of inline comments (issue163).
- Group comments to parent object (issue128, issue160).
- Add double precision builtin (issue169, by darikg).
- Add support for square bracket array indexing (issue170, issue176, issue177 by darikg).
- Improve grouping of aliased elements (issue167, by darikg).
- Support comments starting with ‘#’ character (issue178).
Release 0.1.14 (Nov 30, 2014)¶
- Floats in UPDATE statements are now handled correctly (issue145).
- Properly handle string literals in comparisons (issue148, change proposed by aadis).
- Fix indentation when using tabs (issue146).
- Improved formatting in list when newlines precede commas (issue140).
Release 0.1.13 (Oct 09, 2014)¶
- Fix a regression in handling of NULL keywords introduced in 0.1.12.
Release 0.1.12 (Sep 20, 2014)¶
- Fix handling of NULL keywords in aliased identifiers.
- Fix SerializerUnicode to split unquoted newlines (issue131, by Michael Schuller).
- Fix handling of modulo operators without spaces (by gavinwahl).
- Improve parsing of identifier lists containing placeholders.
- Speed up query parsing of unquoted lines (by Michael Schuller).
Release 0.1.11 (Feb 07, 2014)¶
- Fix incorrect parsing of string literals containing line breaks (issue118).
- Fix typo in keywords, add MERGE, COLLECT keywords (issue122/124, by Cristian Orellana).
- Improve parsing of string literals in columns.
- Fix parsing and formatting of statements containing EXCEPT keyword.
- Fix Function.get_parameters() (issue126/127, by spigwitmer).
- Classify DML keywords (issue116, by Victor Hahn).
- Add missing FOREACH keyword.
- Grouping of BEGIN/END blocks.
- Python 2.5 isn’t automatically tested anymore, neither Travis nor Tox still support it out of the box.
Release 0.1.10 (Nov 02, 2013)¶
- Removed buffered reading again, it obviously causes wrong parsing in some rare cases (issue114).
- Fix regression in setup.py introduced 10 months ago (issue115).
- Improved support for JOINs, by Alexander Beedie.
Release 0.1.9 (Sep 28, 2013)¶
- Fix an regression introduced in 0.1.5 where sqlparse didn’t properly distinguished between single and double quoted strings when tagging identifier (issue111).
- New option to truncate long string literals when formatting.
- Scientific numbers are pares correctly (issue107).
- Support for arithmetic expressions (issue109, issue106; by prudhvi).
Release 0.1.8 (Jun 29, 2013)¶
- Whitespaces within certain keywords are now allowed (issue97, patch proposed by xcombelle).
- Improve parsing of assignments in UPDATE statements (issue90).
- Add STRAIGHT_JOIN statement (by Yago Riveiro).
- Function.get_parameters() now returns the parameter if only one parameter is given (issue94, by wayne.wuw).
- sqlparse.split() now removes leading and trailing whitespaces from splitted statements.
- Add USE as keyword token (by mulos).
- Improve parsing of PEP249-style placeholders (issue103).
Release 0.1.7 (Apr 06, 2013)¶
- Fix Python 3 compatibility of sqlformat script (by Pi Delport).
- Fix parsing of SQL statements that contain binary data (by Alexey Malyshev).
- Fix a bug where keywords were identified as aliased identifiers in invalid SQL statements.
- Fix parsing of identifier lists where identifiers are keywords too (issue10).
- Top-level API functions now accept encoding keyword to parse statements in certain encodings more reliable (issue20).
- Improve parsing speed when SQL contains CLOBs or BLOBs (issue86).
- Improve formatting of ORDER BY clauses (issue89).
- Formatter now tries to detect runaway indentations caused by parsing errors or invalid SQL statements. When re-indenting such statements the formatter flips back to column 0 before going crazy.
- Documentation updates.
Release 0.1.6 (Jan 01, 2013)¶
sqlparse is now compatible with Python 3 without any patches. The Python 3 version is generated during install by 2to3. You’ll need distribute to install sqlparse for Python 3.
- Fix parsing error with dollar-quoted procedure bodies (issue83).
- Documentation updates.
- Test suite now uses tox and py.test.
- py3k fixes (by vthriller).
- py3k fixes in setup.py (by Florian Bauer).
- setup.py now requires distribute (by Florian Bauer).
Release 0.1.5 (Nov 13, 2012)¶
- Improve handling of quoted identifiers (issue78).
- Improve grouping and formatting of identifiers with operators (issue53).
- Improve grouping and formatting of concatenated strings (issue53).
- Improve handling of varchar() (by Mike Amy).
- Clean up handling of various SQL elements.
- Switch to py.test and clean up tests.
- Several minor fixes.
- Deprecate sqlparse.SQLParseError. Please use sqlparse.exceptions.SQLParseError instead.
- Add caching to speed up processing.
- Add experimental filters for token processing.
- Add sqlformat.parsestream (by quest).
Release 0.1.4 (Apr 20, 2012)¶
- Avoid “stair case” effects when identifiers, functions, placeholders or keywords are mixed in identifier lists (issue45, issue49, issue52) and when asterisks are used as operators (issue58).
- Make keyword detection more restrict (issue47).
- Improve handling of CASE statements (issue46).
- Fix statement splitting when parsing recursive statements (issue57, thanks to piranna).
- Fix for negative numbers (issue56, thanks to kevinjqiu).
- Pretty format comments in identifier lists (issue59).
- Several minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release 0.1.3 (Jul 29, 2011)¶
- Improve parsing of floats (thanks to Kris).
- When formatting a statement a space before LIMIT was removed (issue35).
- Fix strip_comments flag (issue38, reported by ooberm...@gmail.com).
- Avoid parsing names as keywords (issue39, reported by djo...@taket.org).
- Make sure identifier lists in subselects are grouped (issue40, reported by djo...@taket.org).
- Split statements with IF as functions correctly (issue33 and issue29, reported by charles....@unige.ch).
- Relax detection of keywords, esp. when used as function names (issue36, nyuhu...@gmail.com).
- Don’t treat single characters as keywords (issue32).
- Improve parsing of stand-alone comments (issue26).
- Detection of placeholders in paramterized queries (issue22, reported by Glyph Lefkowitz).
- Add parsing of MS Access column names with braces (issue27, reported by frankz...@gmail.com).
- Replace Django by Flask in App Engine frontend (issue11).
Release 0.1.2 (Nov 23, 2010)¶
- Fixed incorrect detection of keyword fragments embed in names (issue7, reported and initial patch by andyboyko).
- Stricter detection of identfier aliases (issue8, reported by estama).
- WHERE grouping consumed closing parenthesis (issue9, reported by estama).
- Fixed an issue with trailing whitespaces (reported by Kris).
- Better detection of escaped single quotes (issue13, reported by Martin Brochhaus, patch by bluemaro with test case by Dan Carley).
- Ignore identifier in double-quotes when changing cases (issue 21).
- Lots of minor fixes targeting encoding, indentation, statement parsing and more (issues 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19).
- Code cleanup with a pinch of refactoring.
Release 0.1.1 (May 6, 2009)¶
- Lexers preserves original line breaks (issue1).
- Improved identifier parsing: backtick quotes, wildcards, T-SQL variables prefixed with @.
- Improved parsing of identifier lists (issue2).
- Recursive recognition of AS (issue4) and CASE.
- Improved support for UPDATE statements.
- Code cleanup and better test coverage.
Release 0.1.0 (Apr 8, 2009)¶